Skip to content

At Catholic Charities, we understand that every request is unique. We will listen and work with you to find the best way to help. We serve everyone, either through direct assistance or by helping you make a connection to other partners who can provide support.

Do I have to be Catholic?

You do not need to be Catholic for us to assist you.  

How can I connect with Catholic Charities?

Bedford, Blair, Cambria, Centre, Clinton, Fulton, Huntington, Somerset, call (814) 944-9388.

What happens when I contact Catholic Charities?
  • First, we listen to your need.    
  • Second, we will ask a series of questions as part of a comprehensive intake.  The intake will help us to determine how we can best assist you. 
  • Third, we will ask for copies of certain documents, such as paychecks or utility bills.  For some assistance, there are income guidelines and eligibility to determine.  
  • Finally, if you qualify, we will provide you with assistance.  If we cannot help you directly, we will refer you to other community partners who may be able to help.  
How many times a year can I get help?

We can provide direct financial assistance only once a year per household.  However, we can provide referrals and information as many times as you may need.

How can Catholic Charities help?

Depending on your eligibility, we can assist financially in a crisis.  We work directly with the vendor to try to avoid any shut-offs.  There are no guarantees we can prevent a shut off, as the vendor has their own policies.  Immediate requests, without a full intake and documentation, may not be able to be met.

There are many programs available to help persons and families in a crisis.  We can help you understand how to take advantage of these so you can get on your feet.

Need fuel assistance?

Apply to LIHEAP (Low Income Heating Assistance Program).  

Behind on your water bill?

Apply for LIWAP (Low Income Water Assistance Program).

In need of housing assistance?

The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), can help you with rent.


Or you can contact your county assistance office for the shelter allowance application ( )

If you are homeless, please call 211 in your county for help.

Lost or need an ID?

We can help you find the best way to get one.

Back To Top